And why did I need to request my password?
1. I used LastPass to generate my standard 16-character alphanumeric/punctuation password. Got an error saying you could only use alphanumeric. OK.
2. I used LastPass to generate a 16-character alphanumeric one only. Worked.
3. I went to log in. (It doesn’t keep you logged in when you register, which is annoying, but OK.)
4. Login failed.
5. Tried again.
6. Login failed.
7. Requested password via email.
8. Password arrived via plain text.
9. Noticed password was now in ALL UPPERCASE, though they didn’t require that. And the non-echoing password prompt must have converted it for me.
10. Also noticed it was shorter than 16 characters. Yep, they automatically truncated it at 12 characters.
So, I turned it up to 11. Emailed and asked them to cancel my account. I didn’t order the items I was there for, nor will I.